Applicants who were awarded the Scholarship should follow these essential steps in order to complete the visa application process:
1. First and most importantly, applicants are required to accept (or decline) the scholarship offer in the DreamApply system. We kindly ask all applicants to start the visa process with this step, since host institutions issue the “Letter of Admission” upon this requirement.
- Only scanned documents in pdf. format can be accepted!
- Documents should be scanned separately and named according to their content.
- Please mention your name in the subject of your e-mail.
We kindly request making an appointment only after sending all the necessary documents in the above mentioned format via email! Incomplete emails and attachments may not be accepted.
3. Book an appointment at our Consulate through the online appointment system /Jordan → Visa application (long-term; residence permit – D)/
4. Visit the Consulate (24 Hani Al-Akasheh Street, Abdoun, Amman 11181) at the time you have reserved, bring the confirmation of your online appointment and the following original documents:
- Application form (form + Appendix 14) completed and signed;
- Letter of Award of the Tempus Public Foundation;
- Letter of Admission of the host institution;
- Valid passport - the passport validity must exceed the planned stay in the Schengen area by at least 3 months and must have been issued within the past 10 years;
- One passport size photo – with white background that shows face features completely, not older than 6 months;
- Travel insurance covering at least one month from the planned departure to Hungary;
- Proof of accommodation: e.g. confirmation of dormitory acceptance, lease agreement, hotel booking, etc.
- The English version of all educational degrees (Tawjihi, BA/Bsc, MA/Msc diplomas + transcripts)
- Bank statement:
For those who pursue Bachelor and Master studies:
- parent/guardian’s certified bank statement from the last 6 months (original, in English)
- commitment letter from the parent/guardian to support the student during the time of his/her studies in Hungary (original, in English);
- copy of the passport or ID of the parent/guardian;
For those who pursue PhD studies: personal certified bank statement (original, in English)
Note: students/applicants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by their parents/legal guardians to apply for a visa.
5. Current entry regulations to Hungary
Persons holding a valid residence permit/D type visa, are currently entitled to the same rights as Hungarian citizens and allowed to enter Hungary. New scholarship holders have to undergo a medical examination upon arrival. Depending on the outcome of the examination, the person either is required to be quarantined for 10 days by the epidemiological authority, or is not allowed to enter Hungary.
Note: Vaccination certificate issued in Jordan and PCR tests conducted in Jordan before travelling to Hungary will not be accepted by the Hungarian authorities and will not exclude the person (regardless of nationality) from the general entry regulations.
We update the detailed entry regulations to Hungary on our Embassy’s website: https://amman.mfa.gov.hu/eng/news/aktualis-beutazasi-szabalyok-magyarorszagra
The visa is free of charge.
The Consular Section is looking forward to receiving you.